Thursday, July 22, 2010

Adelaide Miyoko Mailloux is Born!

At 1:20 am Adelaide was delivered via emergency c-section. She weighed 7 lb. 3.9 oz. and was 20 1/2 in. long. Despite meconium in the amniotic fluid, Adelaide was healthy with strong lungs.
Here is a picture of Adelaide being cleaned up just after her birth.

After a short 20 minute visit to the NICU with Mama Rox, Adelaide and I went to the recovery room where we took our first family self portrait.


Once the drugs wore off a little, I stopped shaking and I could finally hold my baby. I couldn't wait to feed her for the first time. She latched on and did a great job eating.


After a little snack, it was time for Addy to get cleaned up. Here is Adelaide taking her first bath.


Adelaide needed a short nap after her first bath and all the excitement of her birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment