Sunday, April 18, 2010

Influenza and Pneumonia

After a wonderful weekend, I started feeling a little under the weather. I went in to see my doctor Tuesday, April 13 and I was diagnosed as having the flu. I was told to drink lots of fluids, rest and if I didn't start feeling better by Friday, I should come back in to be check. Well, I didn't feel better, in fact I started coughing and continued to wake up sweaty with chills. I went back to the doctor on Friday and was diagnosed with pneumonia. I was given a prescription for antibiotics and told to drink lots of fluids and get plenty of rest. I was told that if I started feeling worse I would have to go to the ER. Luckily, I have felt the same or better ever since I started the antibiotics. I am still coughing and I feel tired and weak, but I no longer have a fever. I think I am on the road to recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment